- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
- 5+ years experience teaching English in various contexts
The CELTA Trainer contributes to the development and coordination of the IH Sydney CELTA program, both part-time and full-time, online and face-to-face. The CELTA Trainer is also responsible for teaching the IH Sydney CELTA program following course requirements as set out by Cambridge Assessment. This role supports international students on programs across IH Sydney, as needed, both pastorally and academically.
In this role you will:
- Deliver high quality teaching and learning to a timetable.
- Process application forms and interview successful candidates.
- Provide and maintain teaching materials including handouts, assignments, booklists and assessment papers.
- Prepare Schemes of Work and Schemes of Assessment.
- Act as a main or assistant course tutor as needed, with responsibility for identifying necessary support for CELTA trainees and make any necessary arrangements to ensure that the students are successful and achieve their goals.
- Track and review student programs and maintain student records including maintaining accurate records of assessment, attendance, and punctuality.
- Act as an advocate for the CELTA trainees in respect of their pastoral and academic experiences.
- Attend promotional events to publicise IH Sydney and IH Sydney CELTA activities.
- Contribute to the compilation of publicity materials.
- Communicate effectively with other team members including liaising with colleagues at the International Office on matters of teaching, assessment, reporting and profiling.
- Participate in course team reviews and evaluations.
- Respond to curriculum development and new course initiatives originating from within IH Sydney.
- Advise on resource requirements for effective implementation of programs.
- Liaise with examination boards.
- Provide leadership in relation to specific aspects of the CELTA provision.
- Attend course team meetings and participate in the development of programs at IH or other College departments as required.
- Develop links with other Institutions regarding work placement opportunities for the IH Sydney CELTA trainees.
- Maintain personal research or professional practice in own specialist area for own personal professional development.
- Undertake health and safety duties and responsibilities as appropriate to the post.
- To actively advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations within the IH community.
- To adhere to IH Sydney's equal opportunities policies, procedures and practices.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required to commensurate with the grade, at the initial place of work or at any other College site, as agreed with the CELTA.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Accredited to be CELTA tutor by Cambridge
- Recognised and current TESOL qualifications and relevant postgraduate qualifications (DELTA/Trinity DipTESOL/MA TESOL/etc.)
- 5+ years of experience teaching English in various contexts
- Strong IT skills and digital literacy experience
- A passion for maximising student engagement and student academic performance