- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 8.5 required.
- Preference given to teachers with: Experience of teaching both adults and younger learners. University degree or higher qualification. Young Learner certificate
You will be teaching up to 22 hrs of English each week + 3 further hours of standby, meetings and/or teacher development. Teaching takes place both online and face-to-face. You will be teaching children (aged 7-12), teens (aged 13-16) and adult classes using a variety of course books, complemented by the school’s excellent resource library.
The school prides itself on its high quality student care service of which teachers are a vital part. Part of your teaching role will include monitoring and assessing student progress, conducting tutorials and parent meetings and working closely with the Academic Management Team to provide the best support for all our students.
- 60,75 or 80-minute lessons, including a range of adult, teen, YL and 1-2-1 classes.
- Most teaching takes place in school from 13:30 to 21:00, Monday to Friday.
- The majority of groups meet twice a week, following 4 or 8 month long courses.
- When necessary, teachers will commute to partner schools in the city.
- Established INSETT programme including development seminars and coaching
- Access to International House Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers, according to demand.
- IH Development Courses (OTTI) sponsored by the school.
- Sponsored DELTA for committed, long-term teachers
- Survival Italian lessons available (20 hours)
- Career opportunities within the school (Speaking Examiners for Cambridge English, social programme projects, Senior Teacher positions)
- Salary is paid regardless of hours worked.
- All EU citizens are eligible for national healthcare under the Italian health system
"There's a very positive vibe in the school from students, teachers and support staff alike."
Flights: Flights Up to 120 Euro contribution towards flights at the start and end of contract.
Accommodation: Settling in allowance and Accommodation Officer assistance available.
Holiday: Holiday Roughly 20 days paid leave holiday including Christmas, Easter and February break.