- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 8.5 required.
You will be teaching up to 22 hrs of English each week + 3 further hours of standby, meetings and/or teacher development. Teaching takes place online and face-to-face and, when necessary, we offer hybrid lessons too. You will be teaching children (aged 7-12), teens (aged 13-16) and adult classes using a variety of course books, complemented by the school’s excellent resource library.
The school prides itself on its high quality student care service, of which teachers are a vital part. Part of your teaching role will include monitoring and assessing student progress, conducting tutorials and parent meetings, and working closely with the Academic Management Team to provide the best support for all our students.
Previous teachers have commented on enjoying working in a positive and supportive environment with lively and motivated students. IH Palermo Language Centre would love to work with like-minded individuals who are interested in their students' development, their own professional development, and the development of the school as a whole.
- 60,75 or 80-minute lessons, including a range of adult, teen, YL and 1-2-1 classes.
- Most teaching takes place in school from 13:30 to 21:00, Monday to Friday.
- The majority of groups meet twice a week, following 4 or 8-month-long courses.
- When necessary, teachers will commute to partner schools in the city.
- Established INSETT programme including development seminars
- Access to International House Certificate in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers, according to demand.
- IH Development Courses (OTTI) sponsored by the school.
- Sponsored DELTA for committed, long-term teachers
- Survival Italian lessons available (20 hours)
- Career opportunities within the school (Speaking Examiners for Cambridge English, social programme projects, Senior Teacher positions)
- Salary is paid regardless of hours worked.
Preference given to teachers with:
- Experience of teaching both adults and younger learners.
- University degree or higher qualification.
- Young Learner certificate
Flights: Up to 120 Euro contribution towards flights at the start and end of contract
Visa: Unfortunately, the school cannot provide visa assistance. Candidates must have the existing right to work in Italy.
Accommodation: Settling in allowance and Accommodation Officer assistance available.
Holiday: Roughly 20 days paid leave holiday including Christmas, Easter and February break.