- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in Australia
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced ELICOS teacher to join our fantastic team at our Sydney campus. Apart from teaching, this role is also responsible for curriculum development and delivery, assessment of student work and reporting results. We offer an immediate start, emergency relief rate and a possibility of long-term stability, with contracts for full-time teachers & Head Teachers.
In this role you will
- Deliver lessons to an ELICOS class of students for whom English is a second language.
- Teach lessons that are based on interactive methodology, such as CLT (Communicative Language Teaching) and TBL (Task Based Learning) approaches, delivered face-to-face at the college.
- Start and finish each lesson on time.
- Assess students' level, course work and progress.
- Engage in professional collaboration with other teachers and trainers
- Attend and participate in weekly teachers’ meetings, bimonthly professional development sessions, and liaison sessions as required.
- Complete all the regulatory administration duties required by ESOL National Code of Practice, including attendance and progress monitoring, and record keeping.
- Enforce the Student Contract (i.e. English only, no mobiles, being respectful, participating and no recording) and non-smoking rule (i.e. in the premises or by the entrance door) on all students.
- Work collaboratively with the Student Services team (e.g. certificate requests, attendance letters, promoting social activities).
- Adopt a neat and cooperative approach to classroom and staffroom organisation and administration.
- Place all books, CDs and resources on the correct shelves immediately after use.
- Take non-related text messages within work hours, in and outside the staffroom.
- Lock the staffroom if you are the last to leave at all times throughout the day.
- Comply with all policies and practices of the college.
- Other administrative and housekeeping duties as required by the Head Teachers, monitored by the DoS
What you'll need to succeed
- Recognised and current TESOL qualifications
- Experience and qualified in teaching international EAL students
- Strong IT skills and digital literacy experience
- A passion for maximising student engagement and student academic performance