- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
Budapest is one of the most popular destinations thanks to its beautiful sights, amazing baths and spas and its vivid cultural and night life. IH Budapest has a friendly environment and a great community of teachers, Educational and School Management.
We are looking for effective, motivated, and enthusiastic teachers who are strongly committed to on-going professional development. The ideal candidate will be willing and able to teach all levels and all types of classes, including but not limited to general, business, 1-to-1, exams and Young Learners.
There is a maximum average of 25 hours (60 minutes) per week over a four-week period.
What we are looking for:
- proactivity (e.g., confident in using own initiative, able to anticipate problems/react when they do arise)
- creativity (e.g., skilled at planning engaging lessons based around learners’ needs, experienced in supplementing/adapting course materials)
- precision and accuracy (e.g., capable of providing clear explanations in the classroom, adept at maintaining records and administration)
- teachers will have to be prepared to work split-shifts and/or straight shifts
- newly-qualified teachers are welcome
What we offer:
- monthly travel pass
- a strong professional development programme (regular workshops/seminars, mentoring system, specialised TT courses, discount on DELTA, etc.)
- good working environment
- free Hungarian lessons
- free IH Budapest mini-courses (YL, Exam Prep, Teaching 1-to-1)
- Flights – maximum 70,000 HUF allowance towards the cost of a return flight booked in the teacher’s name, paid following successful contract completion
- Accommodation – the school can provide assistance with finding accommodation
- Holiday – 2 weeks paid holiday at Christmas, 1 week in spring and 1 or 2 weeks upon completion of contract depending on the number of hours taught
Flights: Return flight contribution paid after contract completion
Accommodation: We can help with finding accommodation and/or provide information
Visa: Due to the job posting, candidates will need to have pre-existing rights to work in Hungary and the EU.
Holiday: As specified by Hungarian law