- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
The Online Learning Experience Manager (OLXM) will assist the Online Senior Learning Experience Manager (OSLXM) in managing Apollo's new online teaching department and assume responsibility for any professional duty of the OSLXM as delegated. The OLXM is responsible to the SLXM for the academic management of the department and ensuring the teaching and learning component of the programmes are delivered to the highest standards.
KPIs - KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS to be provided in details when applying.
- Assist Apollo's HR department in the recruitment of online teachers in accordance with company recruitment guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Together with the OSLXM and other OLXMs, act as line manager for the online teaching team. - This includes, but is not limited to:
- New teacher induction, training, and development.
- Regular observations (at least 3 per year) followed by constructive feedback in line with
- Apollo's guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct regular spot-checks of recorded lessons to highlight issues and/or points of improvement and relay feedback to the teacher/management as necessary.
- Helping ensure that all online teachers are able to consistently deliver the high learning experience standards demanded by Apollo and are part of a committed and developing team.
- Ensuring online teachers are up to date with administrative procedures (e.g. registers and progress reports).
- Regular, ongoing communication to keep the team updated and foster a sense of community.
- When needed, carry out disciplinary procedures in line with Apollo's guidelines and procedures.
- Liaise between online and offline teachers.
- Address issues as they arise and provide general pastoral care.
- Assist the OSLXM in the planning and delivery of workshops and other training activities for the online teachers.
- Help arrange teaching cover when teachers are absent/sick; brief the cover teacher accurately to ensure students have continuity of class content.
- Taking responsibility for the Learning Experience aspects of Student Renewal.
- Working with colleagues and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the scheduling function is carried out effectively.
- Overseeing the use of the Learning Management Systems (LMS) to ensure that communication by online teachers to parents and F2F teachers is timely and sufficient.
- Dealing effectively with any academic issues or feedback from customers or internal staff.
- Keep on top of communication with the Online Senior Learning Experience Manager (OSLXM) by official channels (Apollo email or Slack), and ensure all important information is communicated with the wider team concerned in a timely manner.
- Teaches up to 15 hours per week.
- Attends regular meetings, professional development workshops, and training sessions as scheduled by the OSLXM.
Accommodation: Hotel upon arrival and assistance in finding accommodations after the hotel.
Visa: Full visa and work permit support.
Holiday: Up to twelve (12) paid days for public holidays (including Christmas day)