- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 8 required, evidenced by a high standard of written and spoken English throughout the application process. This applies to both native and non-native applicants
- Preferred: the right to work within the EU. Following Brexit, British citizens may no longer automatically have this right, though we may assist in organising visas on a case-by-case basis. For very strong candidates of other nationalities we may also be able to assist with visas.
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who would like to join our dynamic team at IH Bydgoszcz, where we have been providing high quality lessons and teacher support for 30 years.
You are the ideal candidate if:
- you already have at least three years of post-initial qualification teaching experience.
- you have experience teaching a wide variety of ages and levels including young learners (preferably with the IHCYLT, TYLEC or equivalent)
- you have experience teaching Cambridge exams (B2: First and C1:Advanced)
- you have a positive outlook, a flexible approach to problem solving, are well organised and have strong communication skills
You will still be in the classroom regularly, teaching about 20 hours a week (20x45mins). This will include groups 121s, covering a mix of ages and levels depending on your experience and preferences. Your classes will generally finish by 19:30 and there is no weekend teaching. You will also be asked to help out with the organisation of school social events, some of which take place on a Saturday.
Senior teacher duties
The rest of your time will consist of senior teacher duties. You will receive full training and support throughout the year to enable you to do this. In conjunction with the rest of the senior team, you will play a key role in providing the high standard of professional development that our school is known for. This includes running collaborative planning meetings, providing staffroom support, doing observations, mentoring newer teachers and running occasional workshops, including at our local conferences at IH Bydgoszcz and Torun. Other responsibilities include placement testing, attending the weekly senior meeting, and helping teachers fulfil administrative requirements.
Full-time ten-month contract, starting with a paid induction.
Basic salary paid regardless of hours worked. Overtime and travel paid.
Medical care using the Polish health care system or private medical insurance as applicable.
Weekly survival Polish lessons.
Flights: One return flight to Poland from within Europe to the value of approximately 600-800PLN each year. The refund for your flight to Poland is on arrival, with the return leg refunded on completion of the contract.
Accommodation: Shared fully-equipped accommodation provided by the school in a flat with another teacher, including utilities (not internet). All flats are within 25 minutes walking distance of the school. The school also covers flat deposits and estate agent fees for our flats. This is the equivalent of approximately 1,200 PLN per teacher per month.
Holiday: Regular holidays throughout the year, including two weeks at Christmas/New Year and two weeks in January/February, Easter and other national holidays. Approximately two weeks pro-rata holiday pay is paid at the end of the contract.