- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in Australia
IH Sydney Training Services helps students everywhere achieve internationally recognised qualifications that give our graduates a true advantage when seeking employment opportunities worldwide. Established in 1988, we are an industry leader in providing English language, Teacher Training and vocational business courses and are part of the International House World Organisation, comprising of 150 schools in 50 countries.
We are looking for a Teacher Trainer for an immediate start. The teacher trainer is responsible for delivering the Cert IV TESOL course at our Sydney city and Gold Coast campuses. The incumbent in this role should also be flexible about teaching General English or exam classes when necessary and will also be responsible for curriculum development and delivery, assessment of student work and reporting results.
In this role you will
- Deliver the course content to trainees who are mostly non-native speakers and have little or no teaching experience.
- Collaborate with other trainers to keep the course content relevant and up-to-date.
- Assess trainee performance by marking assignments, observing teaching practice sessions and monitoring the trainees’ participation and involvement in the classroom activities.
- Support trainees throughout the duration of the course by providing appropriate guidance for their peer teaching and teaching practice sessions. Maintain records of assessments, attendance, update the TESOL database and enter results on the student management system.
- Liase with co-trainers (when necessary) for assessment validation.
- Keep yourself abreast of new and innovative tools and techniques in the ELT industry by attending PD sessions, conferences, seminars and engaging in professional collaboration with other teachers and trainers.
- Start and finish each session on time.
- Enforce the Student Contract (i.e. English only, no mobiles, being respectful, participating and no recording) and non-smoking rule (i.e. in the premises or by the entrance door) on all students.
- Work collaboratively with the Student Services team (e.g. certificate requests)Adopt a neat and cooperative approach to classroom and staffroom organisation and administration.
- Place all books, CDs and resources on the correct shelves immediately after use.
- Take work-related text messages within work hours, in and outside the staffroom.
- Lock the staffroom if you are the last to leave at all times throughout the day.
- Comply with all policies and practices of the college.
- Other administrative and housekeeping duties as required by the Head Teachers, monitored by the DoS
What you'll need to succeed
- Recognised and current TESOL qualifications
- Cert IV in TAE 40116
- Experience and qualified in teaching international EAL students
- Strong IT skills and digital literacy experience
- A passion for teaching and training