- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Must have valid accreditation to work as a CELTA MCT and ACT
Demand for CELTA course at IH Dublin has been very high since we returned to face to face CELTA courses in July 2022. We have a small but dedicated team on trainers on site and we want you to join us!
We have been running 6 full time courses per year and would like to extend this to 11 courses per year as we had pre-Covid. All our CELTA courses have been full with a waiting list in operation and our CELTA graduates have been successful in securing well paid positions here in Dublin and abroad.
Our CELTA co-ordinator will work as MCT/ ACT/ OCT on 6 courses per year and when they are not working on a full time CELTA course, they will cover the following duties:
• Work on Erasmus+/ Teacher Refresher courses
• Design and implement new training courses
• Work on our in-house professional development programmes
• Train up new CELTA tutors
• Attend training conferences on behalf of IH Dublin
• Train up as a Distance DELTA local tutor
• Teach on General English/ Exam preparation courses
• Cover teaching as required
• Examine on Cambridge speaking exams B1 Preliminary/ B2 First/ C1 Advanced/ C2 Proficiency
• Screen CELTA applications, organising and conducting CELTA interviews
• Staff both face to face and online courses as required
• Recruit and maintain a database of volunteer students
• Co-ordinate with registration department on payment of fees
• Arrange CELTA assessments
• Assist with other educational matters as required
Accommodation: For employees relocating from abroad we can assist with accommodation on arrival.
Holidays: 20 days per year