We have a range of 6 week courses, each designed to develop and broaden your knowledge of a specific management topic. All courses are online, where you can work at your own pace, and you will work collaboratively with an online community of practising academic managers, sharing problems, best practice and solutions.
You can build your own programme by selecting the courses that are of interest to you. If you complete five, you will be awarded the IHWO Diploma in Academic Management - see details at the bottom of this page.
Teams and Communication
On this course you will learn about how to manage face-to-face and remote teams and explore issues of organisational communication. You will cover
- the stages of team formation and team roles, and the theory and practice of leadership in teams
- strategies for improving teams which are not working effectively
- communication issues in workplace
Managing Customer Service
On this course you will learn about the different aspects of customer service in a language teaching organisation and examine customer expectations. You will explore how to improve the customer journey in your organisation or department and how to rectify quality issues. You will cover:
- customer expectations
- the customer journey
- quality standards
Observation and Giving Feedback
This highly practical, online course will give you the skills and strategies you need to manage observation and feedback. You will cover:
- the role of observation in your school
- what constitutes effective teaching
- different observation types
- different ways of giving oral and written feedback to your teachers
- how to integrate observation into your organisation
On this online business management course you will learn about the key components of marketing and finance. The material we cover will encourage you to become familiar with basic financial documents, and also to consider your organisation’s approach to marketing and promotion. You wil cover:
- your organisation’s marketing objectives and the key components of the marketing mix
- product life cycles and portfolios
- financial and budget planning
- profit and loss accounts
- how to cost a course and make a business case
On this online performance management course for language school academic managers you will explore issues related to performance management for academic staff. You will learn how to evaluate existing systems and create a consistent and coherent CPD - Continuing Professional Development - scheme in your organisation. You will cover:
- performance management
- theories of motivation
- INSETT provision
- staff views of performance management
- changing the norms
A readiness to respond to change and manage change within your language school has never been more essential than in these challenging times. On this course you will learn about practical tools and theoretical frameworks that will help you lead change programmes in your school, as well as supporting you in responding to change initiatives effectively. You wil cover:
- how change is managed in your organisation
- models of change management
- factors that drive change
- response cycles to change
- the relationship between leadership and change management
Young Learner Centre Management
This online course will teach you the key principles of how to manage a young learner centre or department effectively.
You will cover:
- key issues in relation to management of Young Learners
- influential theories related to Young Learners and their psychological, linguistic and social development
- practical techniques and strategies to manage Young Learner courses, students and teachers more effectively
Diploma in Academic Management
If you would like to enrol for the Diploma, you can choose any five of the seven individual modules to study.
The benefit of enrolling for the Diploma at the outset is a discount over enrolling in five modules separately.
If you have a question please pop that in the form, or if you are sure please complete the application form.