- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Due to visa and work permit requirements EU & UK & USA passports holders are preferred
- At least two years post-initial qualification experience required
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9 required
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate teachers to join our dedicated team at International House Tallinn. The position is for the 2023/24 academic year starting on 4th September 2023 and lasting until 10th May 2024 (with the possibility of staying on for the 2024/25 academic year).
There is a minimum of 24 hours (1 hour = 45 mins) of teaching per week on offer for this position (the number of hours may increase depending on availability).
Timetables differ, but the majority of classes are taught on site. Lessons take place Monday to Friday; weekends are free. All timetables include a mix of ages and levels. Your classes could include a mixture of Young Learners (7-10) as well as teenagers (13-17) and adult 1-1 students/group classes at a variety of CEFR levels. As we work with students of all ages (adults, young learners from age 7 upwards), we are looking for teachers who are able to teach a variety of levels and ages.
International House Tallinn offers General English classes, preparation for FCE, CAE, CPE and IELTS, individual classes and specialised business courses.
The majority of classes are hybrid classes (a combination of online and face-to-face classes) but there are also online and face-to-face classes.
International House Tallinn provides comprehensive academic support and professional development.
• Monthly team meetings and training workshops;
• Lesson planning support and guidance;
• Peer and formal observations and personal feedback;
• Well-stocked teachers’ room and resource library;
• Multimedia facilities in every classroom.
- access to cutting edge teaching materials;
- supportive and cooperative working environment, focused on professional and personal development;
- access to resources from the IH World network.
Visa: If necessary, the school will assist successful candidates with their visa & work permit application.