- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
Established in 1995, Apollo English is a pioneer, and was the first 100% foreign-owned Education and Training English Center in Vietnam. At Apollo, we believe learning has the power to change lives.
Teachers at Apollo have the opportunity to work with various levels and age groups of students, across a variety of programs, in a multicultural team, to enhance individual teachers' skills and repertoires. We provide all the support needed for professional development throughout your TEFL career.
Details of position
Do you believe in the positive changes that education can bring?
Are you enthusiastic about teaching and playing with lovely kids?
Apollo English is looking for energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated English teachers to join our teams at 50+ centers across Vietnam. As an ESL teacher at Apollo, you will:
- Plan communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
- Participate in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
- Teach across our range of levels, ages, and courses
- Administer and mark course tests
- Write student reports
- Conduct placement testing
- Teach off-site classes, as required
Classes run from 4:00pm to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible.
To be successful at this job, you need to have:
- Great love for children and strong passion for education
- CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC / Online Teaching Certificates
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
- Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
- Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
- 4 months’ validity on passport
- Interest in multicultural working environment
- * Teachers with previous Young Learner experience will be prioritized
- Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary and Benefits
In addition to the competitive hour rate, Apollo English also offers:
- Expat support service including pre-arrival planning, Visa, Work permit and accommodation support
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
- A wide range of resources and modern facilities
- A variety of courses and learners
- Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Opportunities for career development
I not only chose to live abroad, but to teach abroad again because I genuinely enjoy working with students, especially with the youth. Despite the fact that I am in the teaching position, I feel like I am learning just as much, if not more, from my students. It serves as a reminder of how fulfilling it is to work with students as there is something new to be learned every day, and that you do create an impact – be it big or small – in their lives. Their liveliness and energy encourage me to do more, and to do better for them.Teacher Joyce
Accommodation: Hotel and car pickup arrangements upon arrival
Visa: Full visa and work permit support
Holiday: 13 days paid time off with up to 11 National holidays